Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Westgard Coffee Cake


Ah how disappointing it can be when you realize that there is no coffee in coffee cake. But alas…still a wonderful dish. Coffee is to coffee cake as mashed potatoes are to roast (sorry to anyone who is studying for the GRE, I didn’t mean to cause you panic!). This coffee cake is simple, yummy as heck and well…I am just darn glad I made it. I made a trip to the coffee place within walking distance of my new place to get some coffee to go with my cake…excellent start to my Sunday.
This is definitely NOT Candida safe!

Westgard Coffee Cake
•½ lb butter (2 sticks) or Margarine
•2 eggs
•1 cup sugar
Add:
•2 cups flour (pre-sifted)
•1 tsp. baking soda
•1 tsp. vanilla
•Pinch of salt
•1 – 8 oz sour cream
Set above aside and making topping
Topping:
•¼ cup brown sugar
•⅓ cup white sugar
•1 tsp. cinnamon
•½ cup pecans or chopped walnuts
Place ½ of 1st mixture in greased 9x13x2in metal pan. Sprinkle half of topping over. Add remaining batter and sprinkle rest of topping on. Bake at 350°F on middle rack for 35-40 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment