Thursday, August 19, 2010

Heath Candy


This dish was an utter and complete failure! Perhaps the instructions were off, perhaps I didn’t heat the mixture to 310 degrees (this is the most likely culprit). So my one pound of butter that I mixed with two cups of sugar (crazy I know!) Ended up as butter and not candy. So I had a whole cookie sheet of butter (mixed with chocolate and pecans)….kind of awkward. Then I decided to reheat the mixture and try again. The chocolate chunks and pecans all got thrown in the mixture. Reheat...repour…refailure. Round two ended up the same way as round one. The most stellar part of this whole operation is when I had to clean up this mess. I heated it up in the oven (to make it easier to pour in the trash) which subsequently makes it easier to spill all over the floor. Have you ever cleaned a lot of butter off of the floor? It isn’t really easy. I hope others have some luck with this dish…candy making isn’t my thing!

This is NOT Candida safe!

Heath Candy
•1 lb butter
•2 cups sugar
•¼ cup water
•2 – 7oz herseys bars
•Nuts
Cook over medium heat until 310°F. Pour onto well buttered cookies sheet. Chunk 2 – 7oz herseys bars on top and smooth when melted. Sprinkle with nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment