Monday, August 2, 2010

Pigs in a blanket


My mother is out of town visiting her family in South Dakota. I would tell you the town name…but I am 100% sure that no one has heard of the place (it’s very small). So due to her absence I was afraid that my Dad and sister might starve to death. My dad has never been and never will be a good cook. Some of his favorite recipes are…

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich

Lemon Sugar (cut lemon in half, dip it in bowl of sugar, lick off sugar)

Bologna Rollups – Tortilla, craft cheese single, bologna, microwave….done!

Grape Kool Aid

I will admit he makes a mean omelet…but the cooking skills stop there. I decided I would stop over and cook him some dinner. Although I wanted to wow him with my wonderful cooking skills, he is a very picky eater so I made pigs in a blanket. Now this recipe is easy, and maybe not that healthy…but it is sure good! They turned out pretty good, but nothing ever looks as appetizing as when my mom makes it. We welcome her and her cooking back on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment