Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lentils and Rice

So this meal idea is 98% safe for a Candida-free diet. I can't be perfect! I say this because there is a tiny bit of cream in the Madras Lentils, but it is so low that it shouldn't effect the diet too much. These little guys are amazing! My aunt gave them to me as part of a birthday present (along with a beautiful lunch tote for work). It tastes like Chili and can be used in a number of ways: as chili, in tacos, as a soup, on rice etc. Tasty Bite website here. You can purchase them at Costco.

And guess what? They are REALLY good for you. Not only do the below things apply, but for those of you watching your calories...the whole container is about 300 calories and fills you up! (That's 6 weight watchers points).
Whats even better? You throw it in the microwave for 90 seconds. Pair that with some 90 seconds rice....
And voila! A quick lunch that will sooth your healthy soul. I topped my meal off with some Greek yogurt (an excellent substitute for sourcream)
My only worry... packaging. I realize this is a lot of packaging. The rice bowl is BPA free and recyclable...but that doesn't make it perfect. To reduce waste, make this meal only when you are really strapped for time and stick to the bulk food section for other meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment