Monday, November 8, 2010

The McCelland-Priest

We stayed at a very beautiful and ornate Bed and Breakfast in Napa Vally, The McCelland-Priest. I love to stay at B&Bs because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Course one, yogurt and granola with pineapple and strawberries. So good! There were little coconut flakes and flavored whip cream.
I generally request special food that is not so gluten/sugar heavy to give my tummy a good start but this time I thought I would leave it to chance. Surely, I will get lucky and we would have omelets or just eggs. No such luck though, the food was wonderful tasting but awful for my stomach. Arguably, the worst possible thing for my stomach...baked french toast! Dun, dun, dun. Sugar...check, yeast....check, gluten....check. Not Candida friendly at all! I then topped it off with 1.5 cups of coffee and I transformed into this jittery, shaky, belly aching monster who was about to go drink wine.
After the second tasting, the wine was enough to distract me from my belly pain. After the fourth tasting, the wine added to my belly pain and I became one sick little Jenna :(

No comments:

Post a Comment