Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fontina-Gruyere Basil Gnocchi


This recipe is heaven in my mouth! I went to grocery store and did something that a rarely do...I didn't have a plan. I didn't have a recipe or list, no thoughts or convictions....just a shopping bag and my credit card. I did have a strong desire to use cheese...and boy did I ever. I created a masterpiece: Fontina-Gruyere Basil Gnocchi.

I am not sure on exact amounts but I will do my best to instruct you....

Fontina-Gruyere Basil Gnocchi (Heaven in my mouth)
-A package (or two) or Gnocchi - The kind I got only requires that you boil it for 3 minutes
-1/2 block shredded Fontina Cheese (in the fancy cheese area)
-1/2 block shredded Gruyere Cheese (in the fancy cheese area)
-Milk
-Butter
-Corn starch or flour
-Fresh basil leaves

Melt about 1/4 of a stick of butter in a sauce pan. Once melted add a few hefty splashes of milk. Coat the mixed shredded cheeses with corn starch by tossing it in a bowl. The cheese should have a light dusting. Slowly add the cheese into the butter and milk mixture until melted on low-medium heat. Pour over the cooked Gnocchi and top with fresh basil leaves.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment