Saturday, April 17, 2010

Taco Soup and Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad

The Taco soup is a mixture of recipes from Mom and Christie (cousin), the differences were so small, it didn’t make sense to do it twice. It took a little while to figure out the ingredients as Jeff went shopping for them. My 1.5 lbs of ground beef turned into 1 lb and the taco seasoning never even made it home. It goes with the old saying, ‘if you want something done right, do it yourself’. The recipe was pretty simple; cook up some ground beef or turkey and then add cans of corn, tomatoes, beans, chopped onions, taco seasoning etc. Then let it simmer for a while. I didn’t eat much of the soup; I have been fighting a cold all week. But the recipe says that it is better the next day and I agree. As always, my personal garbage disposal (Jeff) finished up what I could not.
The Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad is from Jenny. It uses 2 heads of romaine lettuce (which if you are Jeff, means 2 heads of cabbage, yuck!) with red onions, strawberry slices and a poppy seed dressing made from scratch. The salad would have been great with romaine, but cabbage is not my favorite. The poppy seed dressing is amazing though (perhaps since its main ingredient is mayonnaise and the recipe even asks for sugar). Stay tuned for next week, perhaps things won’t go so smoothly….

No comments:

Post a Comment