Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wisconsin Trio and Chicken Divan

I am really pumping these recipes out! I am getting so close to the end that my motivation has increased substantially. I am cooking two to three times a week and sometimes two to three recipes each time. I am so happy to have  friends who are willing to come over and scarf down. I know, it is a difficult friend duty. Pat and Ryan came over and Jeff and I made a delicious combo for dinner.
Jeff concentrated on the Wisconsin three-cheese fondue as he is a fondue expert. Once it was time for the picture, things got a little hairy. In order to get good light, I usually hold the dish up by the stove light with one hand and take the picture with the other. Making sure the whole time to hold steady so I don't end up with a blurry photo. I tried to do it on my own, but low and behold...I don't have three hands. Ryan volunteered to step in. I held the bowl and the camera while he dipped a piece of bread in the cheese...over and over and over again. You would have thought I was from Hell's Kitchen, "No, hold it, hold it, okay dip again....not so hard, no really turn it in the cheese, now pull up, SLOWLY!" Ryan was a great sport and the above picture is the last one we took. I am so glad we got the shot!
I made Chicken Divan which is a recipe that comes from my great aunt Jean. This recipe is pretty easy, mostly healthy and tastes great!

Chicken Divan
• Steamed Broccoli (about 10 large piece with stems)
• 6-8 boneless breasts of chicken cooked and cubed or sliced
• 2 cans cream of chicken or 1 each chicken and mushrooms
• ½ cup Mayonnaise
• ½ tsp. lemon juice
• ½ tsp. curry powder
Mix all but broccoli, Put broccoli in bottom and on rest. Top with grated cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment