Monday, December 6, 2010

Roast Beef and Potato Chip Chicken

How about some easy recipes? I thought I heard through the wave ways of the vast Internet a resound 'yes', so I will continue.

First we have the Potato Chip Chicken. Now I know this sounds a little odd, but it complete the trifecta: cheap, easy and good. The recipe says that you may use any kind of chip that you want, so I let me inner fat kid do the talking and I ended up with BBQ and Cool Ranch Doritos. I am really excited to try other flavors in the future...sea salt and vinegar, black pepper, sour cream and onion, do you have any ideas?
My mom's pot roast. This recipe is also a breeze (it goes along the lines of put in crock pot and cook). It is amazing how the tenderness and the flavor come out together. You can also cut up some carrots and potatoes and throw it in the crock pot with the roast for a whole meal. A+ Mom!

Potato Chip Chicken
• 1 bag chip (any flavor)
• Chicken breast (boneless)
• 2 Tbsp. flour
• Salt (to taste)
• Pepper (to taste)
• Butter, melted
Melt butter; set aside. Smash chips; add flour, salt, pepper. Dip chicken in melted butter, then roll in mixture until all sides are coated. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Pot Roast
• 1 roast
• ½ onion slices
• Crushed garlic – ½ tsp.
• 2 tsp. beef bouillon
• Salt and pepper
• ½ cup water
Put roast in crock-pot. Add rest of ingredients on top. Cook on low 8-10 hours

1 comment:

  1. My suggestion is sour cream and cheddar chips. Will you make it for me soon?

    ReplyDelete