Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cupid Rings

I hope everyone had a great Holiday! It was so nice to be around family and loved ones. It was also a hard week, some bad news came about and I going to try and take these life lemons and make lemonade. Or I might just throw them at the wall! Grrr!

...but back to the holiday spirit...I made Cupid Rings on Christmas morning for my family, as well as my Mom's Breakfast Casserole we have been having since before I was born! She has official passed the torch and I am now the official breakfast casserole chef for Christmas morning. It is some serious pressure.

The cupid rings are so easy to make, anyone could do it.
Cupid Rings
• ¼ cup sugar
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 can biscuits
• 4 Tbsp. butter or margarine
Combine sugar and cinnamon, melt butter, grease cake pan or ring mold. Crop biscuits in butter, then roll in cinnamon mixture, lay coated biscuits into pan. Bake 10-12 minutes at 425°. Loosen edges and turn out into plate. Eat.

Christmas Breakfast Casserole
• 1 lb bulk pork sausage (I use spicy)
• 6 hard-cooked eggs
• ¼ cup butter or margarine
• ¼ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups milk
• 1 – 1 lb can (2 cups) whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 cup soft bread crumbs (I use the food processor for this)
Lightly grease 9x18in cake pan. Preheat oven to 375 °F. Peel hard-cooked eggs and cut up. Cook sausage; drain. In saucepan, melt butter: blend in flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and dash pepper. Add milk all at once. Cook, stirring constantly, till mixture thickens and bubbles. Stir sausage, corn and cut up eggs into sauce and heat through. Sprinkle with soft bread crumbs. Bake at 375°F for 20 to 30 minutes or till heated through and bread crumbs are browned. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment