Thursday, January 13, 2011

Salmon Feta Pockets and Baked Noodles

Jeff and I had a nice dinner together of Salmon Feta Pockets and Baked Noodles. We didn't feel like getting the grill going because it was cold, so we baked the salmon in the oven instead. I think it turned out pretty good but I would like to try the recipe with the grill sometime. I have a confession that I must confess or it will eat me up inside....I made my salmon feta pocket with chicken. There! I said it! I am not quite ready to say that I love salmon...so changes had to be made. The baked noodles, from Gail, were great! They tasted like glorified macaroni and cheese. Yum!

Baked Noodles
• 1 small bag egg noodles – as thin as you can get
• 1 – 12oz chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese (New York white if you can find it)
• Milk
• Butter
• Salt
• Pepper
Cook the noodles. Grate the cheese. Put noodles into a casserole large enough so that noodles fill only half. Add all of the cheese except 1 cup. Save that for the top. Add milk and stir into noodles and cheese. Make sure there is plenty of milk. It should be somewhat soupy. Add some butter and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the reserved cheese on top. Top with several pats of butter. Bake at 350°F for one hour.

Grilled Salmon, Bacon and Feta Pockets
• 4 – 6 oz 1in thick salmon fillets
• ½ cup ranch
• 3 slices bacon
• ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
• 2 tomatoes chopped
Preheat grill place salmon skin side down on foil, add 2 tablespoons ranch, 1 tablespoon chopped bacon, 1 tablespoon feta. Fold up sides of foil, leaving the top exposed. Place on grill for 8-10 minutes. Top with tomatoes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment