Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hearty Pancakes

These pancakes are healthy little mamma's! Stick to your ribs they will (sorry that was a Yoda moment). Enjoy! 



Hearty Pancakes

Sarah Manno "Measure of Community" Fort Collins Co-op Favorite Recipe Book

·        1 cup flour
·        ¼ cup each cornmeal, soy flour, wheat germ, and wheat bran
·        2 tsp. baking powder
·        1 tsp. salt
·        1 egg, beaten
·        2 Tbsp. oil
·        2 Tbsp. molasses
·        Milk

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a 2 cup measure, adding milk to reach 2 total cups of liquid.  Add ingredients to dry and combine quickly.  Cook in oil in medium-hot skillet.  Add more milk if thinner pancakes are desired.  Makes 12-16, 3" or 4" diameter pancakes.

A note from my friend Katie who passed this recipe along. Note:  I have a bad habit of not following directions.  I don't always use all the different flour listed, and I never measure out the milk.  I just add milk until I get the consistency that I want.  Since, I cook for one, I make what I need and then keep the rest of the mixture in the fridge for a quick warm breakfast during the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment