Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fish and Chips

Hello! As you can tell I have lost a little steam on this project. Life got in the way of blogging about life...funny huh? I have been a busy bee getting out there and having fun and have dropped blogging and editing the recipe book by the waist side. I will keep trucking though, thank you for hanging in there!

So I have never been a huge fan of fish. I didn't eat much fish as a kid and everything still has the 'fishy' taste to me. I tried this fish fry recipe from Rob's mom Gayle and changed my mind a bit. It was really good! I suppose I would think anything was good fried :)
How to make sweet potato fries even healthier? Coat them in egg whites instead of oil and bake them in the oven. Tip from Rose.

Beer Batter for Fish
1 C Flour
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 egg
2/3 cup Beer (or milk if you prefer)
1 T oil

Mix, coat fish and deep fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment