Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chicken Wings

Ahh the chicken wing...how I love to hate you. Rose gave me this recipe after she brought it to a party and was asked by numerous people for the recipe. You know it is good when people want your secret. I was about ready to make these up when I got to the "cut-up chicken wings" part. What the heck does that mean?! I decided to wait on the wings and get a little more clarification from Rose. I called her up and she said that you simply cut at the joint to make it easier to eat. GROSS! I got the wings, I got the scissors, I was ready to go....I changed my mind, threw the wings in and neglected the cutting step. I couldn't being myself to do it! This brings me to eating the chicken wing. The flavor was amazing but I am still not so keen on eating off of a bone. It went a little something like this, "Mmmm, yuck, mmmm yuck". Good thing Jeff was there to finish up the rest.

Chicken Wings
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
½ tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of dry mustard
Splash of mustard
Fill 9” x 13” pan with cut-up chicken wings. Heat and stir the above ingredients. Pour over chicken wings. Cook at 350 (or 325 for glass containers) until the sauce caramelizes. (This generally takes over 1½ hrs. Be careful though as, once the sauce does caramelize, it burns easily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment