Sunday, August 10, 2014

Goat Cheese Chicken Roll-Ups

I have been eyeing stuffed chicken recipes on Pinterest for a while now. I couldn't find one that quite fit my allergies and my tastes. Jeff and I sought out to create our own version. The recipe may need a little modification to get that golden crisp on the top of the chicken - but this is start. By the way, if you have decided that you hate beets but haven't given them a chance as an adult - I suggest you scrap that. I am a known vegetable hater and I changed my beet attitude. This was due to Jeff's pushing and my old roommates who cooked almost every meal with beets or brussel sprouts (brussel recipes are coming soon - seriously underrated vegetable). 

Goat Cheese Chicken Roll-ups
-2 golden beets
-½ 1 large yam or sweet potato
-½ large yellow onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-4 chicken breasts
-Fresh spinach, chopped
-4 oz herb goat cheese
-Gluten free bread crumbs
-Olive Oil
-Salt
-Pepper

Preheat oven to 400⁰F. Slice the beets and yam into thin chips. Place beet and yam chips on baking dish. Drizzle or spray chips with olive oil, top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place in the oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes while you continue preparation. Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Smash the chicken with the back of a pan until tender and thin. Set chicken aside. Saute the onion until translucent.  Add the garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted. Sprinkle with salt and pepper while sauteing. Mix in goat cheese until combined. Spread the spinach-goat cheese mixture on one side of each chicken breast. Roll up chicken and secure with a toothpick. Pull pan out of oven and place the chicken roll-ups on. Spray or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with gluten free bread crumbs. Place back in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until chicken is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment