Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Wraps

Sorry these pictures are terrible! I had my good friend Devon over for a dinner and since it was pushing 8 before dinner would be ready, I knew some appitizers would be needed. I think they look a little like pigs in a blanket but the ingredients could not be more different. I am not propsing that you lie to small childen, well maybe I am, but if you have picky eater on your hands, perhaps you could get away with saying that these acutally ARE pigs in blankets.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Wraps
From Yours Truly

-1 red pepper
-Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-Chili powder, salt and pepper
-2 whole wheat tortillas

Cut the red pepper in half and remove the stem. Coat the pepper in olive oil and add the chili powder, salt and pepper to the inside of the pepper. Place on a cookie sheet and bake until tender (~20 minutes). Cut the tortillas in half (heat for a moment in the microwave) and spread hummus on each slice. Top with the red peppers, roll it up and MUNCH.


No comments:

Post a Comment