Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Simple and Savory - A Working Title

I love having 'projects'. Most of my projects never make it into completion. I generally down three cups of coffee and spur into my next big idea. Then life happens; I'm tired, I'm overworked, movies on the couch seem like a good idea most nights and the project settles into the back of my brain. I am hoping to change that pattern. So here is...my official first blog post about starting (and hopefully finishing) my next big project.

I've had the idea to write my own cookbook for quite a while. So I'm doing it! Jeff (husband) and I are co-writing a cookbook, tentatively named 'Simple and Savory' that will be full of delicious, healthy, and allergy-friendly recipes. All recipes will be tested in our home and photos provided.

What should you expect from this next round of recipes?

Health
Jeff and my eating habits have changed over the years. Currently, I avoid gluten, soy, and cow dairy aligning my diet closely to a paleo type diet. Jeff is working to be vegetarian and is avoiding mammals to start. Although I loved working on the Family and Friends Recipe Book - the Midwestern casseroles wreaked havoc on my sensitive gut. Our book will include recipes that are generally healthy and well-balanced. We will utilize whole foods and avoid processed food items.

Allergy-Friendly
Ahh sigh....the whole food allergy/intolerance thing has taken me a while to figure out. First, it was gluten free in college, then I went through the Candida phase (much to the amusement of my family who thought Candida was pretty much a made up thing), then cow dairy had to be cut and most recently soy. I have a sensitive tummy so I realize that not everyone has these issues, but hey, perhaps anyone can benefit from eating less of these items. The coolest part - I'm getting sophisticated with allergy graphics! Check it out...

Delicious
Simple and Savory. Jeff's palate is adventurous. He loves to try new ingredients, cooking styles and flavor combination. He isn't afraid to try food inspired by cultures worldwide - he is the Savory in this cookbook writing duo. I like comfort food. I like recipes that are quick, easy and require as few dishes as possible (because I hate doing dishes)! I am the Simple.

With our powers combine....well, I hope you enjoy. Stay tuned for recipes to be posted here.

Much love - Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment